Mama May I Lacing BeadsUpdated a year ago
These lacing beads are an incredibly popular material for toddlers in a Montessori classroom.
- Lacing provides toddlers repetition (which they tend to love) and these lacing beads have the added benefit of practicing manual dexterity and pattern making.
- Model lacing a bead onto the string.
- Observe your child, if they aren't yet able to lace a bead on a string, you can help guide their hand the first few times.
- Model how to create a pattern.
- Practice naming the 3D shapes using correct terminology (cube, triangular prism, cylinder).
- This set is not intended for children who still mouth things as the pieces could be a choking hazard.
Children's play should be monitored at all times. String is used to lace wooden beads and not intended for other purposes. Children have died when strings have been caught around their neck. Please always supervise children while playing with strings.
Skills developed: manual dexterity, fine motor skills, patterns, sequencing, language acquisition, and concentration/focus
Parts included: 35 Wooden Pieces, 1 String Drawstring Pouch
Was this article helpful?