PlanToys Pounding BenchUpdated a year ago
Fine motor and logical thinking skills are developed with this active play set. Visual perception skills are also engaged as children use hand-eye coordination to hammer the pegs. Do not be surprised if your child is not able to successfully hammer the pegs to start. They will enjoy the interaction of multiple items while practicing their motor skills. Hand the mallet to your child to practice gripping the handle.
- Model how to use the mallet to hit the base and the pegs.
- Model how to pick up the base and flip it.
- Provide your child with different shaped containers and items to pound with the mallet to explore different sounds.
- Name the colors of the pegs.
- Your child may love pushing the pegs through manually - this develops hand strength and is a wonderful way to use this toy.
Children's play should be monitored at all times.
Skills developed: hand eye coordination, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, and logical thinking
Parts included: Wooden Base, 3 Brightly Colored, Pegs 1 Mallet
Was this article helpful?