PlanToys Solid DrumUpdated a year ago
This classic drum helps develop spatial perception and auditory processing ability. The Solid Drum is made to last with a fully wooden base and comes with a drumstick with a rubber head to soften the sound.
- Consider demonstrating how to use the stick to hit the drum.
- Encourage exploration of different pitches in different parts of the drum by wondering aloud "I wonder which part sounds like the elephant walking" or "I wonder what animals the drum can sound like."
- Play a familiar song on the drum while singing, such as "If You're Happy and You Know It" or "Three Blind Mice."
- Invite your child to play "stop and go" with you. "Play until I say stop and then freeze! and then go.... and STOP!" They may particularly love calling out the instructions while you play the drum.
- Consider putting on your favorite marching music to accompany a tiny parade!
Children's play should be monitored at all times.
Skills developed: visual tracking, concentration/focus, creativity, and hand eye coordination
Parts included: 1 Solid Drum, 1 Drum Stick
Was this article helpful?