PlanToys Sort and Count CupsUpdated a year ago
The Sort and Count bowls are incredibly open-ended items. Toddlers have a natural desire to make sense of their world through order and color sorting helps them develop critical order and organization skills that will later lead to mathematics skills.
- Consider starting with 2-3 bowls and corresponding chips to introduce color sorting and add colors over time.
- Slowly demonstrate sorting chips into their corresponding bowls.
- Model stacking the bowls into a tower.
- Use the bowls to inspire a "color hunt."
- Pick one bowl at a time and invite your child to bring you all the things they can find that are that color.
- Allow your toddler the space and time to self-correct with their sorting - this activity lends itself to self-correction.
Children's play should be monitored at all times.
Skills developed: counting, color recognition, problem solving, and exact matching
Parts included: 5 Brightly Colored Bowls, 25 Brightly Colored Discs, 1 Canvas Bag
Was this article helpful?